Friday, December 14, 2007

I haven't had a scale while going to UCSF, mostly because I just forgot to bring my old scale from Berkeley. I figure it shouldn't make a big difference since I don't think my diet would change that much from college.

Recently, my pants have been feeling precariously tighter, and belts have started to become unnecessary. I huff and puff after running for a short while, and I figure, no problem, right? I'm just a little out of shape, maybe a little heavier.

So I come back home, and, with all my courage, got onto the scale.

I've gained 6 pounds. 6 pounds of Panda Express, pepperoni pizza, beers, and Beard Papa's cream puffs. 6 pounds of apple-shaped landscaping on my body.

When I told this to my mom, she said "Oh I wondered why you looked fatter."

yay.

on a separate note, she said "I hope no one thinks you have facial palsy."

I love my diva mother.

---

On a separate note, I'm actually looking forward to being antisocial over break, because I need to take advantage of my Netflix subscription since I haven't been using it while in school. And there's the Wii and the Zelda game that begs to be played until I bleed into my brain. Plus everyone's working or not back for a while anyways.

I have to go to my Dad's holiday work party and my mom's med school reunion some time over break. This will be a great people watching experience. That, and now there's a plethora of people whom I can judge.

No comments: