Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ok, so I've gone without mentioning how "GHEY GAY GGAAAY LESBIAN" I am for a few months. In fact, I don't really talk about it much on this blog. Or any blog, really. I have had people tell me that what they like about me is that "you're not all in-your-face about being gay. I like how you're not such a stereotypical dyke."

Personally, I find that offensive.

It's like being told "I like you. you're not like those OTHER black/Asian/Jewish/whatever people. I like you because you don't have to be all in my face about it."

It's annoying. I'm sure many of you out there reading this are minorities, and I don't know if you feel the same way I do, but what IS wrong with identifying with something? No, it shouldn't be the ONLY thing that you are, but at the same time you shouldn't have to feel ashamed to bring it up.

I hate it when people say "I don't mind gay people, but why can't they just keep to themselves? Why must they have these parades? I don't want to see that"

I guess being at Berkeley has made me more insulated in that I expect everyone to be liberal. Or at least PC. Everytime I hear "fag" or "that's so gay" I think "what?" and want to telepathically will said person under an oncoming semi.

It's kind of scary, since I've been working at my job over the summer, and it reminded me how heterosexual everything was. nearly all my berkeley friends are gay, and all my straight friends at home are obviously not homophobic. It just scares me how dangerous it's going to be being out, and how much courage I can have to face it.

I've been going through a dilemma on whether or not to be out on my med school applications (since I do some clubs at cal). I've decided to be out. I'm scared that it'll ruin my life, but I'm also scared that not doing so would ruin my life as well.

It's ridiculous when people say it's a choice. I would love to be straight and just fit in. It doesn't quite work that way.

"If you feel so strongly, why don't you talk about it all the time?" Well, that's not really all there is to me. I get speeding tickets (heh), I have funny/sad/awesome things happen to me in school, I had the MCATS, I procrastine, basically things other than the fact that I'm a lesbian. This IS a personal blog after all.

*steps off of soap box*


whew, I think that's the most opinionated you'll hear me for a while.

the only other thing I get this riled up about is the obnoxious emo poetry girl :)

No comments: