Monday, May 26, 2008

Slightly more interesting post

My dad's obsessed with American Idol. He's been watching for several seasons now and likes to give me weekly updates on his favorite idol contender. The most recent season, he's gotten completely infatuated with David Archuletta. He's burned all the guy's competition songs onto not one, but 3 CDs each for a different car's CD player in the household. A conversation this afternoon about American Idol (or any conversation with him, actually) went a little like this:

Dad: So I don't think David Cooke's really the good idol. Archuletta is just so much more talented, and I don't understand how Cooke won the idol, but Archuletta's getting the better record deal. I even joined the fan club. You know...

Mom: Oh for God's sake, SHUT UP!

Dad: *quiet for 1 second* Anyway, as I was saying, I joined the fan club, and we all call ourselves the ArchAngels, get it? Cause it's ARCHuletta? Get it?

Mom: This is reminiscent of the time where your brother didn't own an IPod and we were forced to listen to Ricky Martin's "Cup of Life" on repeat for hours and hours in the car.

1 comment:

manalangadingdong said...

God your parents are fucking awesome.