Saturday, July 29, 2006

Woo! It's been a fun-filled week.

I got addicted to Project Runway (AMAZING show... never thought I'd like reality television). The only thing that bugs me about the show is that it's not ONLY based on how good the clothes look - they base it on how interesting the competitors are, too. Like they don't eliminate the annoying ass woman with the ugly streetwalker clothes because BECAUSE she's an annoying ass woman with ugly streetwalker clothes. They eliminate the boring competitors - the ones with a bland personality and mediocre clothing designs. I suppose it's realistic for a reality show to do that (har har) - they have to keep it interesting for the viewers.

ANYWAY, sorry that was a tangent. Party on Friday at VJ and John's old apt- was fun fun fun. I got a nice butt massage. I realize that could be potentially awkward the day after, so I'm staying low for a while. Again, of course, I was wheeling everywhere in a pathetic attempt to walk in a straight line after one wine cooler. Nice. Actually, it's sad, really. I also realize that almost no one calls me by my name anymore - it's officially "Lesbian". Better than "Ugly," I suppose, or "Labia"...

Went on the long-awaited canoeing trip today! With Alex, Brenden, Joey and AJ. 'Twas fun and good - hoping to whitewater raft or something before school starts. The weather was pretty nice, but then we found a snake in our canoe! It was a little bastard and refused to come out even after we tried to drown it. Smarmy little sleezeball it was. Or maybe it was just dead. Huh.

Well, that was a disconcerting revelation. And sad.

I'm totally exhausted now, though - it doesn't hit you till later that you've been rowing in the sun for a few hours. Gunna either chill and work on my essays or sleep or SOMETHING. Or... I can watch Grey's Anatomy. Hehehehe.

And as do trips always come with its private jokes, I won't post it here because it's always fucking annoying when people share private jokes in front of other people and giggle.

Wooooooo! Hope ya'll have a good weekend, I'm going back to work and med school apps after this. Sigh. (i'm pumping out an essay a day - no joke).

4 comments:

Gamera said...

i TOLD you Project Runway was a guilty pleasure!

Jenny said...

wow, people spam blogs now too, that's amazing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Project Runway! Rock on, Jenny Chen, rock on.

Anonymous said...

I love Project Runway! I got into it last spring because, on a flight from Yale to CA, they had teh marathon on Bravo. I heart JetBlue.

By the way, I survived the mountains. I still have a week in Peru and am going to visit my project I did last year up north. Then I come back the 15th!