Saturday, December 17, 2005

So. New blog.

As many of you may know, my old one was full of angst, but like a packrat, I can't really throw it away, and at the same time, I kind of don't want anyone to see it. here is a sample clip for anyone who's curious:

" I've been a complete slacker and a failure, and I don't care anymore." - May 16 2005.

Good lord, what a jackass. Someone get this person some black clothing, mascara and bad taste in music.

My friend once said "Us Jews, when we're in a shitty situation, we make jokes; it makes it better." I think it was Zac. And I'm paraphrasing. Probably badly, because he puts it more eloquently (more better, one might even say) than I do. I'm also not Jewish, but maybe I am by association? (Just like how all my friends are Asian by association, especially at Cal).

So that's it. When I suck. I'm going to make a joke out of it. When you think about it, life's a great big joke. And I don't mean that in a nihilistic, pretentious-ass sort of way. I mean that in a, damn, we are our own Comedy Central, kind of way. If that makes any sense.

And right now, at this very moment, someone is probably laughing at you. Yes, you.

Ok, so couple of things in order, please.

1. The title: waddle waddle waddle SHAME. This might change in the future, but for now, I like it. What does it MEAN?

I'll give you a hint: it involves lots and lots waddling, and even more shame. It was a dark part of my life, and much like my old blog, it was full of filth, lipids and hysteria.

2. The url: I fail at life. blogspot.com Well, you must be asking (or you might not care), "damn it all to hell, Jenny Chen. I thought you were going to chill out and not be all lame and... stuff. Aren't you supposed to not be writing bad self-pitying entries?"

To respond to that: It's satire. Webster.com says: 1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn 2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

So it's mocking something. It's mocking me. Tada! I won't be writing self-pitying entries in this one. Doesn't mean I WON'T be pitying myself - it's one of my favorite past-times. I'll just do it in private (more or less) in my other blog.

No comments: