Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll.

Need to read list:

The Plague (currently reading)
Woman Warrior
Ulysses (probably NEVER will read)
And school books. Oh shit

So I walked into the guest room today (I no longer have my own room in our house... kind of sad), and I see, to my horror, some certificates for smart kids that I got like way back in middle school and high school, and then a giant picture of myself. All of this arranged with some tacky asymmetry next to some weird piece of modern art that I can't quite decipher.

Horrified, simply horrified.

--

It's interesting how friendships shift and change. The people I thought were gunna be BFFs (haha) don't always stay that way, and the people whom I thought would never stay in touch are in fact my closest confidants.

I guess i used to have a lot of issues with these things - must be from being the only child for a long time. But recently just going with the flow and not really having any expectations has been pretty nice.

I'm excited to go to med school and see what'll happen from there.

I wonder what specialty I'll pick, I wonder if I'll do research, I wonder if I'll help people (hopefully that's a yes), I wonder if it'll be fun going to school with a bunch of people as neurotic and socially incompetent as me. Most of all, I wonder what my financial aid package will look like :-P

I wonder if I'll fall in love.

HAHAHAHA Gotcha!

No comments: