Saturday, March 25, 2006

Too many entries

But I'd just like to say

I visited my high school last night, and our improv troupe was really amazing. They're better than the college groups I've seen, and even some professional ones. They were definately LOLers. But yeah. I don't think I can watch any other improv for a while until my snobbishness and sense of high school nationalism fades away.

As usual, my first day back is always a riot, cause at this point my parents are hilarious and awesome:

Me: Mom, you don't need to lose weight.
Mom: But I want to be BEAUTIFUL!
Me: ...
(2 second pause)
Mom: Look, I'm having a midlife crisis, ok? Can you just play along?

(all of it was in english except the play along part.)

Yesterday, my father found a giant ugly ass bug on the window. His immediate reaction was to grab his slipper and beat the living bug juice out of the thing, but then he stood there, freeze framed, armed with the slipper in his hand. Then he gave a resigned sigh, and said "I don't want to hurt you." He took a paper towel, carefully wrapped the bug in it, then went outside, letting it free. When he set the bug free, he spread his hands out, looking like a televangelist.

And it's times like these I think, "God, I have such a strange family." But it's pretty awesome, and it explains a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL your dad is hilarious. Mr. Chen the Bug-Sparing Evangelist! Classic.

Off Topic: Jenny, why is Bleach so good? Explain this to me. Why??? It's not because I want to sleep with Ichigo, Byakuya, Ukitake and Renji at the same time, even if I do. It's actually just really really good.

Save me. ;___;